Buffalo Manufacturing has the Right Media for Your Application
Achieving the right finish requires the right media. Our vast selection of blast media enables proper matching of media composition and size to accommodate various industrial finishing requirements.
An industry leader in blast media and blasting services, we maintain a fully stocked warehouse, prepared for immediate delivery with competitive lead times.
50 Years In Business, Over a Million Pounds of Media Product Sold
And that’s no hyperbole. Our repeat, long-standing clients are major names in a variety of industries in New York State and the northeastern USA.
We pride ourselves in not only providing a superior product with optimal customer services, but competitive lead times as well. Shipping is typically a week or less.
Browse our listings of blasting abrasives, mass finishing, and precision media below.
Product is available in 50 lb bags or 2,000 lb skids, or in super sacks. Oxides are also available in 400 lb. drums.
Contact us for an estimate, or if you have additional questions about our product.
- Ceramic Media
- High density media best for grinding and polishing hard metals (Steel, stainless steel, titanium).
- Plastic Media
- Best for finishing softer metals (aluminum, brass, zinc).
- Tumbling Media
- Featuring a variety of options, tumbling media is used in the barrel and vibratory finishing process.
- Steel and Stainless Steel Media
- Known for its strength, steel and stainless steel media is used primarily to deburr steel surfaces or burnish and polish stainless steel.
- Aqueous Cleaners
- More environmentally-friendly, water-based cleaners that require heat, friction and soap action to dissolve unwanted matter.
- Solvent and Semi-Aqueous Cleaners
- Contain chemical compounds that are very effective at quickly breaking down oil, grease and grime.
- Semi-Aqueous Emulsion Cleaners
- Great for removing heavy deposits on surfaces, such as carbon, grease, oil or tar.
- Rust Inhibitors
- Protects metal surfaces from becoming rusty over time.
- Used to remove paint and other coating from the surface of metals.
We have some of the finest small media available, mostly ceramic porcelain based. These materials are useful in deburring and finishing small parts in high energy barrel equipment.
- Wood Pegs
- Chosen for near flawless performance in dry tumbling and ideal for plastic parts.
- Treated Walnut Shell
- Ideal for dry tumbling, environmentally-friendly and reusable.
- Corn Cob Compounds (Liquid/Powder)
- Added to existing corn cob media to prolong its longevity.
- Burnishing Compounds
- Developed to add desired color or shine to certain metals.
- Liquid Acidic Burnishing Compounds
- Used to achieve a bright and lustrous finish.
- Roto-Brite Compounds
- Used in non-ferrous metals to provide a bright, lightly colored finish to surfaces.
- Liquid and Dry Alkaline Burnishing Compounds
- Used to achieve a deep shine on certain metals.
- Deburring Compounds
- Used for ferrous and nonferrous metals in the vibratory and tumble finishing processes.
- Prevent corrosion of surfaces over time.
- Special Compounds
- Non-Chelating Compounds
- Spray Wash Chemicals
- Remove unwanted matter such as machining lubricants, oils, dirt, polishing compounds and grease.
- Cleaning Compounds
- Remove stubborn, unwanted material from surfaces to get the most out of the finishing process.